Clean Water is Essential. So is Main Water Line Replacement Service from M5.
For complete main line diagnostics and inspection, Vancouver, Washington property owners need a plumber with the right kind of experience. M5 Plumbing Services Inc has been in the business of removing old lines and installing new ones for over ten years.
In that time we’ve refined and perfected our methods, and that isn’t just in terms of pipe installation.
Plumbers are necessary for Vancouver homes and businesses to function safely and efficiently. But we don’t take the fact that our services are critical for granted. Our crew takes every opportunity to deliver excellent customer care alongside the ‘nuts and bolts’ of our services.
We want you not only to have properly functioning plumbing and clean water, we want you to have the peace of mind of having a plumbing partner.
When a local friend or family member asks you to recommend a plumber, we want M5 at the forefront of your mind.
What Causes Main Line Failure?
Similar to sewer lines, the main water line that runs from the city’s water system to your home can be damaged in myriad ways. And it’s impossible to know what condition it’s in without a professional plumbing inspection.
Unfortunately, most indications surface after something has already gone wrong. Either way, it’s important to address unusual circumstances early to prevent replacement. Some common culprits include:
- Clogs from too many paper solids being sent down the drain
- Poor or incorrect installation
- Shrub or tree root infiltration
- Corroded pipe walls
- Pressure from the freeze-thaw process
- Seismic activity
How to know if your Vancouver, Washington home or business has a main water line leak or another type of damage
Look out for these signs of a faulty main line:
- Low water pressure – A main line leak may be the only issue if you’re experiencing consistently low water pressure. Sometimes leaks can be repaired or sections of pipe can be removed and replaced without having to replace the whole line. Our plumbers will always default to necessary and practical solutions as opposed to the most expensive.
- Spikes in your utility bill – Again, leaks in the water line can send the signal to your water meter that water is being used inside the building, when it is in fact just leaking underground. Look for sinkholes or pooling water outside if your water bill has risen suddenly.
- Pooling water outside – Unusually lush areas of the yard or patches that won’t dry out could indicate a leak.
- Sinkholes in the yard – Pooling water that’s left too long could lead to erosion and sinkholes.
Replace Your Water Main Line Sooner than Later
Our services for your water main line always begin with a consultation and diagnostic. We’ll inspect your main line and determine whether there’s a break, a blockage, or corrosion inside the pipe.
If you don’t know the age or condition of your line, we can identify the material, estimate the age, and decide on the best course of action in regard to repair or replacement.
We carry a variety of metal and plastic pipe materials including PEX, copper, and PVC. So, we will go over the pros and cons of each in relation to longevity and cost. In every case, we help you find the most practical and economical options.
Your water main line plays a big role in keeping your home healthy and safe. Call today for affordable water main line replacement service from a reliable, local plumber.